Letter from the Campus Director/Principal
Dear Parents and Guardians,
It is with great pleasure that the Sequoia Staff welcomes you to the 2018-2019 school year. We appreciate you entrusting my staff and I with such a precious opportunity to educate your child!
We are proud to announce that through the diligent collaboration of staff and students, Elementary and Secondary showed considerable growth on their AzMeirt State Assessment! Kuddos to the great educators and students! Although we are excited about the growth shown, we are committed to pursuing even greater student achievement this year!
As a collective unit, we commit to working purposefully to achieve even greater results by focusing on the following:
- Relationship: fostering trusting relationships
- Rigor: challenging your child through interventions, meaningful work, critical thinking and assessments
- Differentiation: Providing relevant lessons to meet the needs of various learning styles
- Academics: Providing a rigorous academic program through a standard based curriculum that offers engaging activities that challenge your child.
- Communication: Provide a platform in which parents can be heard; such as parent teacher conferences, site council meetings, coffee with the principal, themed family nights, and personal one on one meetings.
Student achievement is extremely important to the Sequoia Staff! With student achievement being our focal point, we are very excited to announce that Sequoia Charter School was awarded a prestigious grant that allowed us to purchase new K-12 standard based ELA and Math Curriculum. With new tools, this will give your child an even better opportunity to actively participate in the critical thinking learning process!
An excellent education is only possible through the consistent participation and teamwork of parents, students, educators and administration. Awesome parents, I invite you to partner with us to ensure the success of your child’s academic achievement. Sequoia Charter School truly looks forward to working with you and your child to make the 2018-2019 school year a year full of memories, learning, and many successes.
If you have not enrolled your child yet, please come in between 8:00 AM – 3:00 PM or call (480) 649-7737 to arrange a visit to the school to complete the necessary paperwork.
Campus Director/ Principal